Christmas is just two days away, and now is a great time to finish your shopping (and for some, this is a good time to start!). If you’re looking for last minute presents, and you want to “go green” or shop locally this holiday season (read: avoid the shopping mall), consider some of the following gift ideas for your family and friends:
- A gift certificate to a local organic farm or grocery store.
- A delicious assortment of fair-trade, organic chocolates.
- A monetary donation to your gift recipient’s alma mater or favorite non-profit, made in that individual’s name (you can do this online or via telephone!)
- Your own bouquet-of-the-month club. Find a florist near your gift recipient’s house and ask if they’ll deliver a florist’s choice bouquet to the gift recipient each month, charging your credit card an agreed upon amount. The recipient will enjoy flowers each month while you support a local business…
- …or go the eclectic route! Reusable cloth tote bags, seeds in an attractive container, soy or beeswax candles, and antique jewelry or handbags all make for lovely gifts.
A last minute present doesn’t need to lose the thoughtful factor. Enjoy your gift-giving adventures this holiday season!
* Photo by canna_w